PO Box 342
Webster, WI54893

 
Minutes of YLRA Board Meeting April 12, 2014 at Zia Louisa

(To be reviewed and approved at the May 10, 2014 Board Meeting)

President Jon Papke called the meeting to order at 8:06 AM. A quorum was present.

Attending  

Jon Papke, President
Ed Collova, V.P.
Ken Schultz, Secretary
Marie King, Treasurer
Pat Amundsen, Alternate

David Guay
Nancy Lewis
Chuck Eifler
Tony Rutter
Eric Lindberg

 

Absent:  
Dennis Kruger  

Jon passed out to the board copies of the Agenda, YLRA By-Laws, By-Laws of CSI, Inc. of Mpls-St. Paul Chapter, list of ideas for an YLRA Policy and Procedure Manual and a copy of the YLRA statement from our website (Mission Statement).

Dave gave Ken copies, for the YLRA file, of the executed copies of the contracts between YLRA and Matt Berg for the plant surveys to be done in May/June and July/August on Little Yellow Lake and Yellow Lake for $3375 and on the Danbury Flowage (Yellow River between Little Yellow Lake and the dam) for $4025. These contracts were approved by a majority of the board members by email prior to this scheduled board meeting.

Ken gave the secretary's report covering the minutes of the January 18, 2014 board meeting. Dave made a motion for approval, seconded by Tony, and the motion passed. Ken reported the YLRA documents for 2013 have been copied onto a flash drive and the originals have been inserted into the seven 3-ringbinders of the YLRA History File at Burnett County Historical Society's Library at the Fort. Ken gave Marie the flash drive for the YLRA safe deposit box.

Eric Lindberg of Environmental Sentry Protection, LLC attended the meeting to review the cameras, launch videos, and review system that YLRA has had in place for the last several years at the three public landings at Yellow Lake. Eric's contract proposal for 2014 for the seasonal installation and removal of the cameras, the 6 month operation of the system and the review and report of all videos captured is $6,000. The contract also includes a $60 hourly rate for all non-warranty support. Ken made a motion, seconded by Tony that YLRA agree to this contract with Eric. Jon and Eric signed the contract and Eric will email a copy of signed contract for YLRA's file.

Marie gave the Treasurer's report showing a bank balance of $88029.38 with the last check issued as #5792 as of 4/1/14. Marie has completed the detailed meat raffle report for 2013 and YLRA's new meat raffle license has been received. The filing for our Non Profit recognition was mailed early February. Ed made a motion that the Treasurer's report be approved, seconded by Chuck and the motion carried.

Dave gave a report on aquatic invasive species and our plans for updating YLRA Aquatic Plant Management Plan (APMP). Dave has met with Cheryl Clemens of Harmony Environmental and both Dave and Cheryl have had several conversations with Pam Toshner of the DNR on what is needed to update our plan. The contract we have entered into with Matt Berg satisfies the requirements of the DNR. The APMP must be completed and approved before we can apply for a DNR Grant for 50% help with harvesting Curly-leaf Pondweed. Dave will check with 3 firms on the cost of harvesting the weeds for us. The Little Yellow Lake property owners that responded to YLRA request on weed problems were sent a Thank-you from Dave, which also asked for volunteers. Dave has received six responses to his request for volunteers.

Ken suggested we hire a consultant to help us with the APMP preparation, to advise us on quality weed harvesting companies and to help us with the DNR Grant application. The board agreed and Dave will ask Cheryl Clemens for a proposal for the above work.

Ed reported that Whitetail Wilderness had a conflict on the June 7, 2014 picnic date but that it has been worked out. The times for the picnic will be from 11:30 to 1:30 and the Fall Membership on September 13 at the Fort will be lunch at noon and program and election starting at 1:00 PM. These dates and times have been posted on the website. Dave made a motion, seconded by Marie that again there be no charge for members at the picnic and the Fall Membership meeting. The motion carried. Marie will forward the latest President's Message to Pam Yorkson for posting on the website.

Dave will again check with park and Recreation Department on removal of the bog at the narrows between the two lakes.

Ken and Dave volunteered to check with Rick Doering on the process & timing of installing the dock at Ike Walton's.

Jon requested that board members review the handouts he gave at the beginning of the meeting for discussion at the next board meeting.

The meeting was adjourned at 10:10 AM.

Respectfully submitted,
Kenneth Schultz, Secretary